Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ski "Lodging"

Both times I skiied at Belleayre, I stayed at the Pakatakan Motel. Primarily, this was done for financial reasons, as the rate I paid was the most reasonable. Here are pictures of the motel, and the accommodations you can expect should you stay there:


Two bed, heating, and carpeting -- allowing me to do my jogging in place, part of my exercise plan for maintaining my weight -- VERY important to me when I travel.


Not a bad view from the room, either.


The owners, Cheryl and her husband. I can't remember his name, but that in no way diminishes the hospitality he displayed towards me -- he even provided me with a free lift ticket, a $35 value!

Other little touches provide a cozy feel:



Personally, I subscribe to the Tom Bodett view of lodging when traveling -- the lodging at less expensive establishments looks exactly the same at night as the much more expensive accommodations you can choose. That covers the financial end of my stay at the Pakatakan, but it doesn't even begin to mention the courtesy, and the personal treatment, that you can expect when you stay at the Pakatakan. If these little touches are important to, as they are to me, I highly recommend making the Pakatakan part of your travel plans should you visit the Arkville area of New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment