Monday, May 9, 2011

Continuing in New Orleans...

After lunch, I decided to walk along the levee, being aware of what it had endured during Hurricane Katrina in 2005:






I took the free ferry to Algiers, walking around, and taking in the scenic views....


I came back, and walked along Frenchmen Street, stopping for iced tea...


...before dinner at K-Paul's....the service was excellent! I had the new experience of eating turtle soup, as well as a fried green tomato, which was scrumptious, and the sauce was out of this world!




I ended the night walking back to my hotel, taking in the ambiance on Bourbon Street...overall, not my scene, but I wouldn't have missed the opportunity to see it once, and I'm glad I did!


So...overall, my first full day of vacation in New Orleans was just what I needed...relaxing, yet packed with relaxing activities! I had much of the next day to spend in New Orleans, before I would tour other areas of the Deep South in a rental car...it was about to become very surreal...

No comments:

Post a Comment