Sunday, July 17, 2011

Getting "On the Board" With The Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy

My first non-food activity was learning to surf. It was the first time I ever tried this, on the morning of July 2, 2011. I had modest goals, which I met -- I just wanted the experience of being on the board for a few seconds. I should say I exceeded those goals, though that is a bit misleading -- I fell quite a bit too! Here are some pics, most of which were taken by the staff photographer:

Getting on the board...



I'm surfing! :)



I'm surfing!


And I'm down...but....


It's all good! :)


One pic from my own camera...Here I am afterwards, with Mikey the instructor...


It was fun, an experience I wouldn't trade for the world -- New York City boy celebrates 40th birthday by surfing in Hawaii, among other things. Mikey was great, and he made sure we were all safe surfers, and that we all had a good time. He was very encouraging, and made the experience great.

Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy is a good choice for the novice surfer like myself, and it piqued my interest for further surfing experiences in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment