Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fiber One -- Cardboard No -- Delicious -- and Life-Changing -- Yes!

One person I met on my travels reviewed my blog after she heard my story. She noted I have not credited Fiber One with their role in my massive weight loss. Their cereal -- more specifically, their raisin bran crunch -- with 11 grams of delicious fiber per bowl -- has been a big part of my weight loss! Prior to my weight loss -- about nine or ten months prior -- I read about the benefits of a diet consisting of high protein during early meal, followed by a high-fiber carbohydrate at night. I have religiously eaten four meals per day during the week, the first three of which consist of a protein -- veal, fish, sausage -- on a high fiber piece of bread. The first meal only adds a vegetable with mustard. The fourth meal, I religiously eat Fiber One Raisin Bran Clusters, along with a fruit or vegetable. They have been part of my weight loss, which, after a week of vacation meals (sans the Fiber One cereal, though I eagerly resumed eating it upon my return from Hawaii), stands at 138 pounds of maintained loss! My philosophy is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! I will eat this cereal every night! It is as delicious as it is healthy.

It is only one part of a balanced diet, and a plan that includes exercise, jogging and lifting. But it is a big, contributing part. As my doctor told me, the most important three parts of a diet are fiber, fiber, and fiber. Fiber One has me looking forward to my final meal of the day, every day, for a healthy, sweet treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment