Saturday, June 25, 2011

Highlights of 40

I have delayed discussing my 40th birthday celebration on June 17, 2011, for a variety of reasons. One is that I do not yet have permission from the restaurant to post my pictures or information here -- I try to do that before I post. Suffice to say, however, that I had a scrumptious meal of Mexican food, sitting outside despite rain and relative cold, and wearing my muscle t-shirt! I can be stubborn that way, but doggone it, I went through the work to lose the weight and develop muscles, I was going to show off on my milestone birthday!

I had tea before my next big stop, The Upright Citizens Brigade. Here are a couple of pictures:

Here I am outside the theater...


And here I am sitting inside -- the young man who took my picture said I looked "pretty buff," so I couldn't help but post this, though I likely would have done so regardless.


The Upright Citizens Brigade prides itself, according to its website philosophy, on providing affordable shows, often with big names. Because my birthday fell on a Friday, and because I believe that my birthday is a personal holidy, to be celebrated on that particular day, I paid the Friday prices, the most expensive of the week -- $10. There were no other cover charges. The show was a lot of fun, and definitely the most inexpensive option I found for comedy show entertainment in New York City on a Friday night! Here is the link to the website:

http://www.ucbtheatre.com/about/

The night in Manhattan ended with more hot tea before the bus ride home.

I would have loved for my 40th birthday to have been spectacular -- it wasn't. I had other appointments earlier in the day, and Friday is a day I normally jog and lift. Life happened on this day. But, a good meal and a fun show -- not a bad way to enter my fifth decade of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment