Wednesday, March 30, 2011

History

In 1997, I decided to take a break from my studies to be a psychologist. I had been a student since I was five years old, and thought I might find some answers "out there." I flew to San Francisco in search of those answers. By the end of the Summer of 1997, I had spent considerable time in San Francisco, CA; Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; Vancouver, BC; and San Diego, CA; as well as brief (hours) in Tijuana. These travels included attendance at four major league stadiums -- the now defunct Candlestick/3Com Park; the Oakland Coliseum; the now defunct Kingdome; and Qualcom Stadium.

I consider this the beginning of my identity as a traveling man, as well as the beginning of my interest in seeing major league baseball stadiums. My experiences in both arenas have multiplied over the years. The "answers" I have searched for have come, and I continue to search. They did not come in big, dramatic waves. Sometimes, they were years in coming. In this blog, I will share what I have learned.

The first answer I will share is my need to be humble. I have, in fact, become a psychologist. I have learned much from supervisors, mentors, and patients. I know I don't have all the answers, and it's okay that I don't have them. In this blog, I hope to learn from those of you who read and respond to what I write -- for all I have seen in the 49 States I have visited, there is a lot left to see, and I hope you, my dear readers, can speak to what else there is to see.

I am also proud, as I approach 40 years of age (my birthday is June 17, 1971), to say that I am currently successful in managing my weight. Here is a picture of me in December of 2007 -- I got electrocuted for gluttony at the Criminal Hall of Fame in Niagara Falls!


The picture on my blog was taken at a Knicks game on March 13, 2011.

How did I do it? I am happy to share my journey and the "secrets" I have learned. I look forward to our correspondences, both what I will share, and what I will learn from you.

Thank you and God Bless -- Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment